Wind Cave Room - Monument Hall

Jan Conn in Monument Hall
Monument Hall

NPS Photo by Dave Schnute

 
Discovered by L.C. Faris, Frank Halden, and Charlie Roe on June 5, 1884 this large fissure passage that is located under and runs parallel to the passage leading to Devils Lookout. This was the furthest extent of exploration in Wind Cave until the arrival of the McDonald family.

Contact the Park

Mailing Address:

26611 US Highway 385
Hot Springs, SD 57747

Phone:

(605) 745-4600
Park information

Contact Us